Updated Saturday July 6, 2019 by Tia Mahan.
Although, BCYFCA has still only received 8 resignation letters, we know that 9 leagues have exited the BCYFCA. Which confirms that the BCYFCA is officially now the BIG 3!! http://www.acyaa.org/
This is an exciting time for our athletes, volunteers and supporters!! There has been almost 100% positive response in what has taken place and the BCYFCA BOD couldn’t be happier!! The BCYFCA BOD would like to thank everyone for the positive energy we are receiving daily for this #moveforward initiative!!
We originally thought we would have the schedule in-hand by or before 7/5/19, however we were informed that it would be released in the next few days (hopefully today). To give you as much information as possible and as soon as possible, here is a quick summary of the season schedule –
July 13th – MANDATORY ALL VOLUNTEERS @ Lake Eva Center, 236 S 3rd St, Haines, FL 33844
July 27th – MFFCC 2018 Jamboree
August 3rd – Game 1
August 10th - Game 2
August 17th - Game 3
August 24th – Game 4
August 31st – Game 5
September 7th – Game 6
September 14th – Game 7
September 21st – Game 8
September 28th – Game 9
October 5th – Game 10
October 12th – 1st Round of MFFCC Play-offs
October 19th – MFFCC Cheer- Off
October 20th – 2nd Rounds of MFFCC Play-offs
October 26th – 3Rd Rounds of MFFCC Play-offs
November 2nd – 4th Round of MFFCC Play-offs
November 9th – MFFCC Super Bowl
**November 10th – NYCC Cheer-Off**
November 16th – MFFCC All-Star Weekend
November 29th – December 1st – State Alliance Games
December tbd – UYFL Nationals starts
ALL-VOLUNTEERS MEETING – if you are a volunteer (with a badge) for a specific team within your league, please plan to attend a mandatory event on Saturday, July 13th, from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at Lake Eva Event Center (799 Johns Ave, Haines City, FL). This will be a day of learning and camaraderie. Please plan to arrive early, pictures for your volunteer badges will be taken at this time. Badges will cost $5.00 – this should be paid to your league and the league will pay MFFCC with one form of payment for all badges.
There will be a makeup date for the volunteer badges, however it will still be in Haines City and on a Saturday, plus the cost of the badge will increase. We do not have any specific details to share on the makeup information at this moment.
- Absolutely no athlete will be allowed to participate in this season IF they turn 16 in 2019, no exceptions.
- The MFFCC encourages all leagues to have both football players and cheerleaders. For away games, all are expected to travel and participate.
- All FOOTBALL personnel (tackle and flag) are expected to complete the 2019 USA Football Heads Up Tackle Certification. IF you haven’t already done this, please hold off. We are pending a code to provide you a discount from the $25 course fee.
- All CHEER personnel are expected to complete a separate safety training. We are still pending the details for this.
- All ATHLETES (football and cheer) must have a physical provided with their registration paperwork. This may be the regular annual physical with the box checked stating they are permitted to participate in sports OR an actual sport physical.
- We are still permitted to show out in October by supporting the cancer cure of our choice.
- Flag football will play with 9 athletes on the field and with Velcro flag belts.
- Flag football can have 2 team support parents on badged and on the sidelines. All other divisions is 1 only.
- The $5 entry fee for spectators is for 5-year-old and up. This fee goes to the home field. It will be used to help pay for the game officials. You will receive a wrist band for same-day re-entry to the field. The volunteers who will have a badge and the athletes are exempt from this fee.
- Cheerleaders are permitted to wear “spirit wear” for the first 3 to 5 games before switching into game uniforms.
We are doing the best we can to get the answers to your questions as quickly as possible….but keep em’ coming we want the BCYFCA to be as transparent and most informed as ever!!
ANNOUNCING A NEW PARTNERSHIP
Brevard County Youth Football and Cheerleading Association (BCYFCA)
and Mid Florida Football and Cheerleading Conference (MFFCC)
As of today, we have received 8 resignation letters from member leagues, who have chosen to exit the BCYFCA. We are now officially comprised of 4 member leagues – Bayside, Palm Bay, Rockledge and Space Coast.
There was a meeting held Saturday, June 29th between the BCYFCA BOD and members of the MFFCC. At this meeting only 3 BCYFCA Executive Board Members were in attendance – Bayside, Rockledge and Space Coast. This meeting was to discuss a partnership between the two organizations to keep our athletes participating in the sports they love through the 2019 season.
MFFCC is the largest organization in the state of Florida and they have been in existence for 20 years, with over 14,000 athletes currently participating. The BCYFCA BOD has agreed to a partnership with the MFFCC to provide a plan to get us through our 2019 season and give us time to further evaluate options for 2020. We know with change, comes some uncomfortable adjustments….but there will also be some excitement and adventure along the way!! We are asking for your patience, cooperation and support through this time as we continue our #moveforward path to give our athletes the best season possible.
As with anything, there are pros and cons. However, what one person sees as a pro/con, may be completely opposite of another’s opinion. So, let’s focus on all the good that is going to come out of this partnership and get these athletes ready to take the field!!
Here are some of the facts that go along with this decision.
- Each division will consist of 2 age divisions: Flag 4-6, Mitey Mite 7-8, Pee Wee 9-10, Junior 11-12, Senior 13-14 (15-year-old cannot turn 16 in 2019 and must be 9th grade or below)
- If your league chooses you may have an in-house Junior Flag team that will not be included in the travel schedule
- The maximum number of athletes per team – FL = 30, MM through JR = 35, SR = 40
- The division is determined by their age on July 31 of the current year, except for Senior division which is January 1 of the current year
- Registrations will be closed on August 17 for any team with 22+ players. Registration will continue to be accepted for any team with less than 22 players after this date.
- Team staff will consist of 1 head coach, 5 assistant coaches, 1 team support and 2 water helpers w/non-matching jersey
- Background checks will continue as usual, under the Brevard County Parks & Recreation agreement (or equivalent)
- An official certified birth certificate for the athlete should be presented to the league for viewing purposes and a copy of this will be kept on file
- Our schedule should include 5 home games and 5 away games. The away games should be approximately 1 hour of drive time or less (one-way)….Daytona, East Orlando, Kissimmee
- The scheduled games are on Saturdays and the times are generally – FL 9:00, MM 10:30, SR 12:00, PW 2:00, JR 3:30 (games will not start prior to 9:00 am)
- There will be a minimum of 4 games played on any given Saturday – this is for those who aren’t able to fill that 5th division
- All games require a $5.00 admission fee to spectators
- Our leagues will be able to receive discounts on league insurance, equipment and uniforms through power buying
- MFFCC has its own pool of game officials and they travel, so that you don’t always have the same referees at the same fields, week after week.
- Our game schedule should begin around 9:00 am and be finished by 5:00 pm.
- Each of the BCYFCA member leagues should travel to the same field as the rest of their individual league for each away game.
ALL-VOLUNTEERS MEETING – if you are a volunteer for a specific team within your league, please plan to attend a mandatory event on Saturday, July 13th, from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at Lake Eva Event Center (799 Johns Ave, Haines City, FL). This will be a day of learning and camaraderie. Please plan to arrive early, pictures for your volunteer badges will be taken at this time.
We should have a preliminary schedule released on or before July 5.
Our first game day is Saturday, July 27th and will be the MFFCC Jamboree. Location and further details will be advised when the schedule is released.
The first official game day is August 3rd.
Reminder that at the next meeting we will be appointing the remaining open positions....Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. If you’re interested in filling any of these positions, please be sure to send your letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As usual, if you have questions, comments or concerns....my door is open, always!
Tia Mahan, SCP President
I am back with your nightly update.
Since there have been 7 letters of resignation received from member leagues, who have chosen to exit the BCYFCA, we are officially still comprised of 5 member leagues - Bayside, Melbourne, Palm Bay, Rockledge and Space Coast.
At the meeting held tonight by the BCYFCA only 3 of these leagues were in attendance (Bayside, Rockledge & Space Coast). We had a good turn out of coaches, parents, supporters....the energy and excitement about the new path is so refreshing. I certainly hope to see this support continue to grow for the betterment of the children....ALL of them!!
We have elected a new president, Alex Goins. Anthony Blunt is currently seated as the Football Director. Tisha Stephens is currently seated as Cheer Director. At the next meeting we will be appointing the remaining open positions....Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. If your are interested in filling any of these positions, please be sure to send your letter of interest to email@example.com.
There is a meeting this Saturday between the BCYFCA BOD and the organizations that have invited us to play this season to begin working on a schedule. We should have a preliminary schedule released on or before July 5. Every team within the BCYFCA will play this season and should have an 8 game schedule, with a competitive line-up. All games should be within an hour drive (approximately) of our location. All cheer teams will have the opportunity to compete against many leagues, on a bigger and better platform. This exposure for our athletes is going to be huge!!
Remember - without our athletes, there is no league!! This association and every league under the umbrella belongs to the athletes!! We will continue to move forward, encourage growth, strength, good sportsmanship and overcoming adversity along the way.
As usual, if you have questions, comments or concerns....my door is open, always!
Tia Mahan, SCP President